Administrative Assistant Intern
Part or Full-Time
Aleppo Compatriotic Charitable Organization (Aleppo-NGO) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization operating in Armenia since 2013 to support refugees in Armenia.
Aleppo-NGO serves to protect, support, and empower Syrian and other refugees in Armenia; develops and implements sustainable programs that contribute to resettlement and integration; and ensures the protection of refugee rights in the social, cultural, professional and educational spheres. More than 6,400 Syrians have been supported by the Aleppo-NGO since 2013. The organization implements a variety of programs and initiatives to provide humanitarian, social, financial and psychological support to vulnerable refugee families and persons.
Aleppo Compatriotic Charitable Organization (Aleppo-NGO) is seeking an Administrative Assistant intern to assist in the implementation of ongoing and future projects at the organization. The Administrative Assistant intern will provide administrative and programmatic support to the Project Manager and will report directly to the Project Manager and Executive Director of the organization.
This internship will require a minimum commitment of 3-months, with the possibility of an extension if both sides are interested.
- Draft and translate correspondence, memoranda, speeches, position papers and reports.
- Collect information, and write and edit newsletter or news bulletins for the organization.
- Participate in special projects and prepares a variety of statistical reports as needed.
- Answer and direct phone calls,
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments, book conference halls, rooms, taxis, couriers, hotels, etc.
- Maintain contact lists.
- Order office supplies.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education: Recent university graduates or students in their final year of an undergraduate program, in the fields of project management, business, social science, government, political science, human rights or a related field.
Experience: Experience volunteer work with refugees and/or in an international or nonprofit environment is preferred but not required.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within Aleppo-NGO’s staff, as well as with external partners, is required;
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize and complete work under pressure are required;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and Armenian are required (Arabic and/or Russian is desired but not required);
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem-solving are required;
- Proficiency in computer packages, including MS Office applications, is required;
- Familiarity with and demonstrated commitment to international human rights and refugee rights is highly desired;
- Ability to think creatively, take initiative, and follow through are required;
- Able to work independently with little supervision and a self-starter;
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic;
- Reliable, trustworthy, and committed to team’s success;
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and multi-tasking is required;
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment.
How to Apply: Please apply immediately by sending a Resume/CV and cover letter in a PDF file to the Aleppo-NGO email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following subject line: “Administrative Assistant Intern 2020”.
Aleppo-NGO is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. To build the strongest possible workforce, we actively seek a diverse applicant pool and welcome applications from people of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, women, LGBTQI persons, and persons with disabilities.