Research Assistant Intern
Part or Full-Time (Non-Paid)
The Aleppo Compatriotic Charitable Organization (Aleppo-NGO) is a humanitarian, non governmental, non-profit organization operating in Armenia since 2013 to support persons displaced from Syria.
The Aleppo-NGO serves to protect, support, and empower refugees in Armenia; develops and implements sustainable programs that contribute to resettlement and integration; and ensures the protection of refugee rights in the social, cultural, and educational spheres. More than 6,100 Syrians have been supported by the Aleppo-NGO since 2013. The organization implements a variety of programs and initiatives to provide humanitarian, social, financial and psychological support to vulnerable refugee families.
The Aleppo Compatriotic Charitable Organization (Aleppo-NGO) is seeking a Research Assistant Intern to assist in the implementation of ongoing and future projects at the organization. The Research Assistant Intern will provide administrative and programmatic support to the Project Manager and will report directly to the Project Manager and Executive Director of the organization.
This internship will require a 3-month commitment, with the possibility of an extension if both sides are interested in an extension. Please note that there will be no financial remuneration for this internship.
- Work with the Aleppo-NGO to research and compile data related to various programs, reports, etc.;
- Prepare data and information into finalized written reports;
- Identify research subjects, parameters, and timelines to conduct qualitative and quantitative social research;
- Create interview questions, conduct interviews, and gather detailed information;
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary;
- Write content based on research for Aleppo-NGO website, for grants, reports, etc.;
- Attend events, discussions;
- Submit completed assignments within specified timelines;
- Carry out other duties as needed.
Education: Recent university graduates or students in their final year of an undergraduate program, in the fields of social science, political science or a related field.
Experience: Experience volunteer work with refugees and/or in an international or nonprofit environment is preferred but not required.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within Aleppo-NGO, as well as with external partners, are required;
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritize and complete work under pressure are required;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in Armenian and English are required (Arabic and/or Russian is desired but not required);
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem-solving are required;
- Proficiency in computer packages, including MS Office applications, is required;
- Familiarity with and demonstrated commitment to international human rights and refugee rights is highly desired;
- Ability to think creatively, take initiative, and follow through are required;
- Able to work independently with little supervision and a self-starter;
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic;
- Reliable, trustworthy, and committed to team’s success;
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and multi-tasking is required;
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment.
How to Apply: Please apply immediately by sending a Resume/CV in a PDF file to the Aleppo-NGO email (email@example.com) with the following subject line: “Research Assistant Intern 2018”. Deadline for applications is July 20, 2018.
Aleppo-NGO is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. To build the strongest possible workforce, we actively seek a diverse applicant pool and welcome applications from people of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, women, LGBTQI persons, and persons with disabilities.