WEB & SOCIAL MEDIA VOLUNTEER
Part or Full-Time (Non-Paid)
The Aleppo Compatriotic Charitable Organization (Aleppo-NGO) is a humanitarian, nongovernmental, non-profit organization operating in Armenia since 2013 to support persons displaced from Syria.
The Aleppo-NGO serves to protect, support, and empower refugees in Armenia; develops and implements sustainable programs that contribute to resettlement and integration; and ensures the protection of refugee rights in the social, cultural, and educational spheres. More than 6,200 Syrians have been supported by the Aleppo NGO since 2013. The organization implements a variety of programs and initiatives to provide humanitarian, social, financial and psychological support to vulnerable refugee families.
The Aleppo Compatriotic Charitable Organization (Aleppo-NGO) is seeking a Web and Social Media Volunteer. The web and social media volunteer will report directly to the Vice-President and Program Coordinator of the organization.
- Manage and increase followership of Aleppo-NGO’s website and social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook, and other social media accounts;
- Draft, in English and Armenian, op-eds; blogs; other interactive material shedding light on the plight of refugees in Armenia;
- Promote Aleppo-NGO’s material (news releases, reports, photos, videos and other products) through creative, appealing, attention-grabbing Tweets (with relevant hashtags), Facebook posts, and other social media formats;
- Manage and update the Aleppo-NGO’s website, ensure pages are up to date, and post content to the website as required;
- Propose scripts, research relevant images and soundbites for, and edit short YouTube videos in Armenian and English promoting Aleppo-NGO’s work and shedding light on the plight of Syrian refugees in Armenia;
- Propose ideas for infographic designs to promote Aleppo-NGO’s work in a creative, visual way;
- Gather and analyze traffic numbers, social media metrics and other data that will assist in assessing and bolstering the digital presence of the organization;
- Vet and edit content of Aleppo-NGO’s material for accuracy and meaning;
- Carry out such other tasks as requested in relation to Aleppo-NGO’s online presence.
Education: An undergraduate degree in journalism, communication, marketing, or related field is desired. Active undergraduate students are encouraged to apply.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Exceptional written communication skills in English is required (Armenian is highly desired);
- A track record of social media account management demonstrating innovative posts leading to an increase in followership is desired;
- Ability to express ideas clearly and logically is required;
- Prior experience as a writer and/or editor is highly desired;
- Experience working on a Content Management System (“CMS”), Drupal preferred, or publishing to a website is required;
- Strong online/Microsoft Office skills are required. Experience with HTML, photo, and video editing (Adobe Premier Pro) is desirable;
- Experience with a wire service, newspaper, or online journalism site or other news organization is desirable;
- A broad range of knowledge about human (refugee) rights and international affairs is desirable.
How to Apply: Please apply immediately by sending a Resume/CV in a PDF file to the Aleppo-NGO email (email@example.com) with the following subject line: “Web and Social Media Volunteer 2019”.
Aleppo-NGO is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. To build the strongest possible workforce, we actively seek a diverse applicant pool and welcome applications from people of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, women, LGBTQI persons, and persons with disabilities.