Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Aleppo Compatriotic Charitable Organization (Aleppo-NGO) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization operating in Armenia since 2013 to support persons displaced from Syria.
The Aleppo-NGO serves to protect, support, and empower refugees in Armenia; develops and implements sustainable programs that contribute to resettlement and integration; and ensures the protection of refugee rights in the social, cultural, and educational spheres. More than 6,100 Syrians have been supported by Aleppo NGO since 2013. The organization implements a variety of programs and initiatives to provide humanitarian, social, financial and psychological support to vulnerable refugee families.
Aleppo Compatriotic Charitable Organization (Aleppo-NGO) is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Executive Administrator. The Executive Administrator will provide administrative support to the President, Vice-President, and Executive Director, and will handle general office administration and logistics. The Executive Administrator will report directly to the Vice-President and Executive Director of the organization.
As a member of a small team, the Executive Administrator will hold a central role in the organization undertaking a range of duties.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the organization’s beneficiaries and executive team;
- Develop, record, manage and secure Aleppo-NGO’s paper and electronic databases;
- Ensure the accurate completion and update of beneficiary records to facilitate identification of beneficiaries and their needs;
- Draft, format, translate, and distribute materials such as news releases, letters, newsletters, other publications, and web content;
- Create and track guest lists, donor lists, beneficiary lists, and expenses for all events and programs;
- Create agendas, invitations, e-mailings, and event-related mailings;
- Respond to requests for information, correspond with supporters, beneficiaries, and constituents via telephone and email;
- Prepare, draft, edit, and format contracts, service acts, and other legal documents;
- Maintain calendar of all events, conferences, holidays and vacations;
- Receive incoming calls and emails; take messages, respond appropriately and route correspondence to the appropriate executive staff member;
- Handle requests, feedback and queries quickly and professionally;
- Monitor office supply levels; reorder when appropriate and keep storage stocked and organized;
- Participating as a member of the team in the overall planning and administration of Aleppo-NGO;
- Comply with Aleppo-NGO’s policies and procedures including (but not limited to) equality and diversity; data protection and security, confidentiality and reporting all concerns to the appropriate personnel;
- Assist with the recruitment and coordination of interns and volunteers;
- Carry out other duties as needed.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, social science, international development, human rights or a related field is required.
Experience: A minimum of one year of relevant, administrative work experience is preferred. Experience working with refugees and/or in an international or nonprofit environment is preferred.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Full knowledge of office management systems and procedures are required;
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within Aleppo-NGO, as well as with external partners, are required;
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize and complete work under pressure are required;
- Ability to provide administrative support across multiple, complex, cross-institutional projects;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in Armenian and English are required (Arabic and/or Russian is desired but not required);
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and databases are required;
- Knowledge of WordPress; experience managing websites and social media accounts is highly desired;
- Demonstrable ability to work independently is required;
- High level of accuracy in all work with excellent attention to detail is required;
- Familiarity with and demonstrated commitment to international human rights and refugee rights is highly desired;
- Ability to think creatively, take initiative, and follow through are required;
How to Apply: Please apply immediately by sending a Resume/CV and a Cover Letter indicating salary expectations in one consolidated PDF file to email@example.com, with the following subject line: “Executive Administrator Applications 2018”. The salary for this position is commensurate with the candidate’s experience and the deadline for submitting applications is July 31, 2018.
Aleppo-NGO is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. To build the strongest possible workforce, we actively seek a diverse applicant pool and welcome applications from people of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, women, LGBTQI persons, and persons with disabilities.