Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Aleppo Compatriotic Charitable Organization (Aleppo-NGO) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization operating in Armenia since 2013 to support persons displaced from Syria.
The Aleppo-NGO serves to protect, support, and empower refugees in Armenia; develops and implements sustainable programs that contribute to resettlement and integration; and ensures the protection of refugee rights in the social, cultural, and educational spheres. More than 6,200 Syrians have been supported by Aleppo NGO since 2013. The organization implements a variety of programs and initiatives to provide humanitarian, social, financial and psychological support to vulnerable refugee families.
Aleppo Compatriotic Charitable Organization (Aleppo-NGO) is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Executive Associate. The Executive Associate will provide administrative support to the President and Executive Director and will handle general office administration and logistics. The Executive Associate will report directly to the Executive Director of the organization.
As a member of a small team, the Executive Associate will hold a central role in the organization undertaking a range of duties.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the organization’s beneficiaries and executive team;
- Develop, record, manage and secure Aleppo-NGO’s paper and electronic databases;
- Ensure the accurate completion and update of beneficiary records to facilitate identification of beneficiaries and their needs;
- Draft, format, translate and distribute materials such as official letters (applications, petitions, letters of thanks, congratulations, letters of condolences, references, etc.), employment contracts, service acts, newsletters, press releases, web content, reports;
- Create and track guest lists, donor lists, beneficiary lists, and expenses for all events and programs;
- Respond to requests for information, correspond with supporters, beneficiaries, and constituents via telephone and email;
- Ensure Aleppo-NGO’s cooperation with the representatives of the government, local and international organizations to respond to the needs of displaced people;
- Maintain calendar of all events, conferences, holidays and vacations;
- Receive incoming calls and emails; take messages, respond appropriately and route correspondence to the appropriate executive staff member;
- Handle requests, feedback and queries quickly and professionally;
- Monitor office supply levels; reorder when appropriate and keep storage stocked and organized;
- Participating as a member of the team in the overall planning and administration of Aleppo-NGO;
- Comply with Aleppo-NGO’s policies and procedures including (but not limited to) equality and diversity; data protection and security, confidentiality and reporting all concerns to the appropriate personnel;
- Carry out the archiving of Aleppo-NGO’s project activity files;
- Assist with the recruitment and coordination of interns and volunteers;
- Carry out other duties as needed.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, social science, international development, human rights or a related field is required.
Experience: A minimum of one year of relevant, administrative work experience is preferred. Experience working with refugees and/or in an international or nonprofit environment is preferred.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Full knowledge of office management systems and procedures are required;
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within Aleppo-NGO, as well as with external partners, are required;
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize and complete work under pressure are required;
- Ability to provide administrative support across multiple, complex, cross-institutional projects;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in Armenian and English are required (Arabic and/or Russian is desired but not required);
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and databases are required;
- Knowledge of WordPress; experience managing websites and social media accounts is highly desired;
- Demonstrable ability to work independently is required;
- High level of accuracy in all work with excellent attention to detail is required;
- Familiarity with and demonstrated commitment to international human rights and refugee rights is highly desired;
- Ability to think creatively, take initiative, and follow through are required.
How to Apply: Please apply immediately by sending a Resume/CV indicating salary expectations in one consolidated PDF file to email@example.com, with the following subject line: “Executive Associate Applications 2019”. The salary for this position is commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Aleppo-NGO is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. To build the strongest possible workforce, we actively seek a diverse applicant pool and welcome applications from people of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, women, LGBTQI persons, and persons with disabilities.