Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Aleppo Compatriotic Charitable Organization (Aleppo-NGO) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization that has been operating in Armenia since 2013 with the mission of supporting displaced persons from Syria.
Aleppo-NGO serves to protect, support, and empower refugees in Armenia; it develops and implements sustainable programs that contribute to resettlement and integration, and ensures the protection of refugee rights in the social, cultural, and educational spheres. More than 6,200 Syrians have been supported by the Aleppo NGO since 2013. The organization implements a variety of programs and initiatives to provide humanitarian, social, financial and psychological support to vulnerable refugee families.
Aleppo-NGO is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Office Manager. The Office Manager will ensure the assignments implementation of the Office’s management according to the Charter and other legal acts of Aleppo-NGO and control programs which include organizing, programming, coordinating, managing, and monitoring the ongoing activities of Aleppo-NGO.
• Coordinate, supervise and manage the entire staff of Aleppo-NGO and assume responsibility for the proper implementation of the authority entrusted to Aleppo-NGO’s staff;
• Participate in the development of policy and strategy of Aleppo-NGO’s activities and ensure their implementation;
• Coordinate and supervise the humanitarian aid, including the packages of food, hygiene and clothing, as well as financial aid, provided by Aleppo-NGO;
• Supervise the conservation and efficient use of Aleppo-NGO’s property;
• Coordinate and supervise the implementation of Aleppo-NGO’s humanitarian housing project, “Host a Family”;
• Prepare and draft official letters (applications, petitions, letters of thanks, congratulations, letters of condolences, references, etc.), employment contracts, press releases, reports;
• Implement the President’s assignments and the decisions of the Supreme Authority of Aleppo-NGO;
• Ensure Aleppo-NGO’s cooperation with the representatives of the government, local and international organizations to respond to the needs of displaced people;
• Participate in meetings, conduct negotiations and represent the interests of Aleppo-NGO, its members and beneficiaries in local and international organizations, as well as in public administration and local self-governing bodies;
• Ensure effective collaboration of Aleppo-NGO’s staff, direct their activities to the Organization’s development,improvement and enhancing the effectiveness of Aleppo-NGO;
• Implement tasks to replenish existing vacancies at Aleppo-NGO;
• Present relevant documents with the President’s signature on them;
• Ensure the proceedings of Aleppo-NGO’s archive files;
• Ensure and supervise the media coverage of the Aleppo-NGO’s activities;
• Ensure the information ofthe Supreme Authorities’ decisions to Aleppo-NGO’s staff;
• Prepare and draft a reference book of the Aleppo-NGO’s annual activities;
• Implement the insurance of the programs;
• Carry out other duties as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (preferable in Public Administration, Program Management, Public Policy, Human Resource Management and Human Rights Protection).
• A minimum of three years of work experience in a local and/or international NGO;
• Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and Armenian are required (Arabic and/or Russian is desired, but not required);
• Proficiency in computer packages, including MS Office applications;
• Excellent analytical skills, ability to respond quickly to problems and simultaneously perform several tasks;
• Project management skills;
• Initiate, complete assignments in short terms, and teamwork skills;
• Presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
How to Apply: Please apply immediately by sending a Resume/CV and a Cover Letter indicating salary expectations in one consolidated PDF file to email@example.com, with the following subject line: “Office Manager 2019.”
Aleppo-NGO is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. To build the strongest possible workforce, we actively seek a diverse applicant pool and welcome applications from people of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, women, LGBTQI persons, and persons with disabilities.