PR Social Media Manager
Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Aleppo Compatriotic Charitable Organization (Aleppo-NGO) is a humanitarian, nongovernmental, non-profit organization operating in Armenia since 2013 to support persons displaced from Syria.
Aleppo-NGO serves to protect, support, and empower refugees in Armenia; develops and implements sustainable programs that contribute to resettlement and integration; and ensures the protection of refugee rights in the social, cultural, and educational spheres. More than 6,200 Syrians have been supported by the Aleppo NGO since 2013. The organization implements a variety of programs and initiatives to provide humanitarian, social, financial and psychological support to vulnerable refugee families.
Aleppo Compatriotic Charitable Organization (Aleppo-NGO) is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of PR Social Media Manager. The PR Social Media Manager will administer the social enterprise Aleppo-Cuisine Center’s social media marketing and advertising by becoming an advocate for the Cuisine Center’s in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate. PR Social Media Manager will report directly to the Executive Director of the Aleppo-NGO.
- Develop relevant content topics, in English and Armenian, to reach the Aleppo Cuisine Center’s target customers;
- Promote Aleppo Cuisine Center’s material (daily activities, new products, photos, videos and other products) through creative, appealing, attention-grabbing Tweets (with relevant hashtags), Facebook posts, and other social media formats;
- Manage and increase followership of Aleppo Cuisine Center’s website and social media accounts;
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales;
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions;
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns;
- Propose ideas for infographic designs to promote Aleppo Cuisine Center’s work in a creative, visual way;
- Develop organizational elements in order to implement a proactive process for capturing happy, loyal customer online reviews.
- Gather and analyze traffic numbers, social media metrics and other data that will assist in assessing and bolstering the digital presence of the organization;
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns;
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media activities. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of the activities in an effort to maximize results;
- Vet and edit contents for accuracy and meaning;
- Carry out such other tasks as requested in relation to Aleppo Cuisine Center’s online presence.
Education: An undergraduate or graduate degree in journalism, communication, PR &marketing, or related field is desired.
Experience: A minimum of one year of public relations and social media management is desired.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrate creativity and documented immersion in social media;
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application;
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing;
- Exhibit the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound;
- Display in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios;
- Maintain excellent writing and language skills in English and Armenian;
- Display ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format;
- Exceed at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off;
- Practice superior time management;
- Being a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management);
- Make evident good technical understanding and pick up new tools quickly;
- Maintain a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social;”
- Possess functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress;
- Demonstrate winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution;
- Possess great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
How to Apply: Please apply immediately by sending a Resume/CV in a PDF file to the Aleppo-NGO email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following subject line: “PR Social Media Manager 2019”.
Aleppo-NGO is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. To build the strongest possible workforce, we actively seek a diverse applicant pool and welcome applications from people of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, women, LGBTQI persons, and persons with disabilities.