Full-Time (40 hours/week)
The Aleppo Compatriotic Charitable Organization (Aleppo-NGO) is a humanitarian, nongovernmental, non-profit organization operating in Armenia since 2013 to support persons displaced from Syria.
The Aleppo-NGO serves to protect, support, and empower refugees in Armenia; develops and implements sustainable programs that contribute to resettlement and integration; and ensures the protection of refugee rights in the social, cultural, and educational spheres. More than 6,000 Syrians (approximately 1,800 families) have been supported by the Aleppo NGO since 2013. The organization implements a variety of programs and initiatives to provide humanitarian, social, financial and psychological support to vulnerable refugee families.
The Aleppo Compatriotic Charitable Organization (Aleppo-NGO) is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Program Coordinator. The Program Coordinator will provide administrative and programmatic support to the President, Vice-President, and other senior staff and will report directly to the Vice-President and Executive Director of the organization.
- Prepare, draft, edit, format, translate, and distribute materials such as news releases, reports, letters, financial reports, briefing papers, newsletters, op-eds, other publications, and web content;
- Collaborate with programmatic colleagues to write proposals, stewardship reports, and other materials for existing and prospective donors;
- Assemble budgets and financial reports in collaboration with the accountant, vice-president, and executive director;
- Research and identify grant opportunities to expand the organization’s capacity and support and establish existing and new programs;
- Coordinate the implementation of Aleppo-NGO’s existing programs and develop new programs, in collaboration with senior staff, as needed;
- Identify and solicit new sources of support by matching Aleppo-NGO’s programs with donors’ funding priorities;
- Represent Aleppo-NGO at meetings with donors, government officials, CSOs, and other stakeholders;
- Assist with the recruitment and coordination of interns and volunteers to ensure the implementation of programs;
- Record and maintain finances of different programs; and
- Carry out other duties as needed.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in social science, government, political science, human rights or a related field is required.
Experience: A minimum of one year of relevant work experience is preferred. Experience working with refugees and/or in an international or nonprofit environment is preferred.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills are required;
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within Aleppo-NGO, as well as with external partners, are required;
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritize and complete work under pressure are required;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and Armenian are required (Arabic and/or Russian is desired but not required);
- Ability to assimilate and convey conceptually complicated information in a succinct and compelling way, tailored to different audiences, is required;
- Proficiency in computer packages, including MS Office applications, is required;
- Familiarity with and demonstrated commitment to international human rights and refugee rights is highly desired;
- Ability to think creatively, take initiative, and follow through are required;
- Grant writing experience in an international organization and familiarity with the international human rights donor community is strongly preferred but not required.
How to Apply: Please apply immediately by sending a Resume/CV and a Cover Letter indicating salary expectations in one consolidated PDF file to the Aleppo-NGO email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following subject line: “Program Coordinator Applications 2017”.
Aleppo-NGO is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. To build the strongest possible workforce, we actively seek a diverse applicant pool and welcome applications from people of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, women, LGBTQI persons, and persons with disabilities.